Become a Member
You are invited to become a founding member of the Historic Monterey collaborative as we enter a new era!
More than fourteen years ago, Historic Monterey was created as the City of Monterey, Monterey State Historic Park and the Monterey History and Art Association began working towards a seamless interpretation of our rich history. With the support of others, serving as affiliate members, we began the annual two-day History Fest in October, developed the Explore Monterey brochure and online tour, city-wide volunteer training and participated in cell phone tours, national history conferences and heritage tourism promotion at the regional and statewide level.
More recently, we have reviewed our mission and focus. After surveying the business community, non-profits, local agencies and individuals, Historic Monterey has established a new structure where member organizations, and individuals, can participate at an equal level. As part of the re-structuring process, we have developed a new membership program with five organizational or individual membership levels, from $100 to $4,000+ that can be achieved by writing a check, in-kind support, or both.
What does your Historic Monterey membership support?
- Expanded awareness of the unique and rich variety of our historic assets through
o The development of a web portal to help guide visitors and residents to the various sites featuring programs, special events, celebrations and more
o A new website which offers the opportunity for a shared calendar.
o A monthly e-blast newsletter to promote member’s events and programs.
o History training for volunteers and staff of organizations to assure consistent information is shared with the public.
- Increased opportunity to guide the direction of Historic Monterey as a voting member at the quarterly Coordinating Committee (Ranchero Level and above)
- Increased opportunities to participate in heritage activities throughout the year, including an annual members event and “behind the scene” activities.
- Recognition of your support of history and our heritage on the Historic Monterey website and materials.
Most importantly, your individual or organizational membership demonstrates commitment to the success of Historic Monterey. Now, more than ever it is vital that we work together to ensure that Monterey’s rich history will reach, excite, educate and engage visitors and residents.
Won’t you join us? We hope you do!
Chair, Historic Monterey Coordinating Committee
Susan Klusmire, Program Manager
The mission of Historic Monterey is to promote and interpret Monterey’s rich history to its visitors and citizens, as well as to safeguard Monterey’s cultural heritage by preserving and protecting its historic buildings and collections for the betterment of generations to come
Other Ways to Participate
- General contribution of funds for operational support
- Contract for services such as marketing and outreach through the collaborative or to provide training for an organization’s volunteers/staff.
- Include funds for Historic Monterey as part of an organization’s grant proposal.
- Sponsor a special event or project.
In-Kind (must submit notice of commitment)
- Office space or support, website, P.O. Box, telephone, etc.
- Significant volunteer/staff time with Historic Monterey projects and activities
o Serve as the Fiscal Sponsor
o Chair a committee,
o Share expertise: graphic design, website development, media outreach, strategic planning, community presentations on behalf of Historic Monterey, etc.
Make check payable to:
ACTION Council of Monterey County; 295 Main Street, Suite 300; Salinas, CA 93901
Indicate on the check that it’s for Historic Monterey. Questions? Call Susan Klusmire (831) 595-1141